Thursday 22 April 2010

Profit up, profit down, profit up and profit down

Thursday 8 days later

Its amazing how much one can really learn in a short perod of time. I feel like a sponge.

Saying that, I feel like Im standing next to wide open Atlantic ocean with a plan to swim across to America from Europe. And I have only just tipped my toes in the water!!

I had an interesting day yesterday, actually made a bit of profit and they were not trades that were called in the trading room, but trades I took because I felt they were right. Mind you lot of the signals were pointed out by the people in the trading room, but I actually made the decisions myself to enter the trades. And I did ok!! Yes I might be trading with 50p a point, but to me to make £5 and 10 pips is amazing.

I did feel a little calmer when placing the trades too - I still stayed glued to the screens, but I didnt feel quite as anxious as I did the first day. I think this arrangement I have is great from psychological point of view - Im trading with real money, not papertrading, but since the brokerage is pretty new, they refund all my losses for the first 10 days up to £300! So I dont feel too worried, but I am still using real money and real platform.

I have also realised in this week, that every time I have entered trade for the 'wrong reasons', like fear of missing a profit and just jumping the gun - I have made a loss. I really need to curb my impulsiveness. So far (in many other areas of my life too) that has been both the biggest stumbling blok as well as on the other hand helped me tremendously to get out of a difficult decision.

Im excited and fearful at the same time. I try to curb my emotions - I think a meditation session before the markets open today might be on order!!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment