Friday 9 April 2010

In the beginning there was... confusion!

I have just completed my first 4 days as a trader!! I cant believe it still and, as expected my brain is fried like a frying pan and I have annoyed the other forum members with unbelievably simple questions. Only used Monopoly money as yet, but made 30points on S&P cash the other day (God that makes me sound like a pro!!)

This has been very long coming. I attended my very first trading course in 2006 with high hopes and dreams of this new 'get-rich-quick' idea I came up with. I thought all I needed is to attend the course and off I pop and fill my account with more money I can ever dream of. Well, the reality is quite different, as Im sure all of you know!

Reality is procastination, feeling tired, all the cleaning that you have not been bothered to do, sudden need to sleep or eat and all those myriad of excuses you make. But all in all it is just a mask for one single emotion - fear. Oh fear - ones best friend and a foe. Follows you everywhere, sits on your shoulder whispering sweet nothings such as 'you wont make it' and ' you are not good enough'. You must love his persistence. And too often he wins. Well, he won for 4 years.

But not anymore.

I have done everything the wrong way, but it seemed the only way for me. Quit the well paid easy job, dont enough savings, borrow money from boyfriend to buy another course and rights to enter a trading room and be very unprepared. I am between a rock and a hard place. The only place is to move forward. There is no going back since there are no bridges anymore. They were not just burned, they were bommed to millions of shreds with buckets of TNT.

Anyway, I hope you can be with me on this journey. This will be interesting, but, as ever, I remain an eternal optimist. I can do it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment